Instagram

Friday, February 11, 2011

19. Weird/Strange

At first, I wanted to blog about 2NE1's Can't Nobody MV or live performance but I change my mind when I was watching MAMA (Music Asian Music Awards). There are so many weird and funny things that I found. I actually know about this beforehand but I decided to post it now since I can't take it anymore..

Alright, korean bands/groups are currently 'hot' in like parts of the world and I kind of believe that they will dominate the world soon enough. I still remember that the first time I know about korean group was in 2007 when Rosemary introduced BigBang's Lie to me. After 3 years had passed, I'm kind of sure that half the population of Singapore are a KPOP fan.


If you don't believe me, just head down to Bugis Street and you will hear korean songs being played at almost all the shops. I don't know when they start playing korean songs but I'm 100% sure that 3 years ago, only the shops that sell korean things played korean song. The rest were probably playing english or chinese songs.

Naming
Moving back to the topic, korean companies need to think extra hard for their new artists' groups. Like I said, KPOP is becoming more and more famous and companies should not add any number to the group name. Here are the few group names:

- 4Minute: a 5 female members group
- 8Eight: a mix of 2 male and a female members group
- Infinite: a 7 male members group (I understand if they have 8 members since infinite's symbol is ∞)
- Nine Muses: a 10 female members group (at first they have 9 members but there is a rumor about another member that is going to be added in)
- Se7en: a male solo


I think there are more but I'm too lazy to check. Also, companies need to avoid using words such as boys, girls, junior, senior, teen and etc. Why? It is because of this:

- Brown Eyed Girls (consist of 4 members which 3 aged 29 years old and 1 aged 23 years old)
- Super Junior (they debuted like 2005 and I don't think they are 'junior' anymore)
- Teen Top (currently they are still teens since they are like 19 to 16 years old but in 5 more years, they are not teen anymore)


It's not that I hate them or what, it's just that companies should think twice before naming the groups or members.. They should name groups like:

- 2NE1: a 4 female members group
- 2PM: a 6 male members group
- After School: a 9 female members group
- T-ARA: a 7 female members group
- SHINee: a 5 male members group
- U-Kiss: a 7 male members group
- ZE:A: a 9 male members group



Number of Members
Hmm, since I talked about the group names, I might as well talk about the number of members in a group. I think it's because of SM Entertainment that now other companies are like trying to make a group with many members. SM Entertainment started to make a group of 13 members which is Super Junior. Under the same company, SNSD better known as Girls' Generation debuted with 9 members.


Soon after that, JYP created One Day (2AM and 2PM) which consist of 11 10 members, 4 and 7 6 respectively. Even though they don't perform together, they are a group under One Day (I don't know how to explain so just go google). Later on, Nine Muses and ZE:A debuted under Star Empire Entertainment which each have 9 members. Even worst, Double B 21. I think by the name itself, you can guess how many members they have. Yes, it's freaking 21 members! Is the company trying to make them not to earn money? Just imagine them splitting their salary equally! Let's just say they earn $21 and each member will only get $1 for all their hard work.


Age
Since I'm like basically talking about KPOP, I shall talk about this last thing as well. Now, korean industry is like getting more and more unbearable. Since the trend about having a lot of members in a group is gone, they are trying to make a new trend which is having the youngest average age in a group. I only can think 2 groups: GP Basic and Girl's Story. GP Basic's average age is 13.5 and they consist of 6 members. I just don't know what to say. Because of GP Basic's youngest member is 12, she is not allowed to perform on stage. I think the whole GP Basic should not perform since they are all 14 except the youngest one.. The world is going crazy.


Now, I'm going to pray that no KPOP fans accidentally see this post. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment